Wednesday, October 7, 2009

REFLECTION

At the age of 16 I was diagnosed with Lupus, the process of finding out what it was that was making me sick shook me to my very core. Not knowing what Lupus was and what it meant for my future scared both my mother and I. Lupus is an auto immune disease that makes me prone to infection and other things, For a year I was afraid to touch anything for the fear of getting deathly ill. For the past years I’ve been in and out of hospital and emergency rooms. And for this I am stronger, when put in these kinds of situations one can know how strong you can really be. Strength that I never knew I had came out when my family and I were faced with this overwhelming news. Now when I wake up everyday I thank God for one more day his has given me. I live everyday to its fullest, I try new things and always keep positive energy around at all times. I appreciate those around me a lot more for sticking with me through all of life’s journeys. In enduring all of this I now have a new admiration for my mother. She’s my rock, she was there with me through it all. I owe a lot of my success and strength to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment