Wednesday, October 7, 2009

REFLECTION

As I child I struggled tremendously with reading, for some reason I just couldn’t make myself sit down and read a book. Which is also my current problem only now its gotten worse. I had no motivation to read as a child, not even teachers. The way it worked in my school was is if you succeed you got the attention if not they you were on your our for figure it out. And for that I was pushed farther and farther away from my goals. I wanted to be ahead and praised for my accomplishments but with no one there for show me I was struck behind with a few others. My mother read to my brother and I before bed as kids, I remember her reading my brother’s favorites about dinosaurs and how they use to walk the earth like we do now. Since he was the youngest he got to choose most of the books she read. I can’t blame others for my lack of reading ability, I do blame myself for not having the courage of opening a book and doing it myself. I wish now that I put more effort it something that is vital now in my higher education and everyday life. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a personal connection to this cause I also had struggled with reading. I think you should try to find a book that interests you and try to read that.I think you can achieve that goal of getting a higher education, it's never to late.That's good that your mom read to you as a kid. I also think you will become better at reading it'll just take some time.

    ReplyDelete